Editing Blog

Today is hopefully my last day of editing. When he arrived he downloaded his clips to the computer since it filmed on separate devices. The download did not take long at all, but to find the exact clips we wanted was a problem.  After Finding the right clips I deleted the other clips and opened the first part of the opening sequence. After opening the first part I inserted the remaining clips and put them in the correct order. After putting the clips in the right order me and Juan had to make sure that certain clips, had the vocals turned down, so we could fit in the music.  The reason for this was because me and my group filmed outside and the wind made it sound very bad. Juan decided that we should find a different soundtrack for our opening sequence since he did not like the one we previously had. Me and Juan decided that we should both look for song, but it had to be royalty free, as it was too late in the game to email a producer for access to their song, or beat. After searching for a while Juan found a soundtrack that was PERFECT with our genre., being horror/thriller. Now all we needed to see was if it was royalty free after researching for a bit we found out that it in fact was royalty free so it made it a perfect soundtrack to use. After finding the track I inserted it into the editing software and made sure it played over all of the clips. After the soundtrack was put in we had to put in the credits. There was one problem we had to figure out what studio was going to produce our film. After a bit Juan came up with MAJKL studio as the producer of our film, I loved it because it had all our initials and sounded like a normal everyday word, magical.   We started putting in the credits, but had another problem. The title we originally chose, I did not like so we came up with the name Nightmare. Juan and I both liked it, so we stuck with continuous credit input. Most of it was done, so Juan packed up and went home. 


Comments